CHAO VISION INSTITUTE
2500 Alton Parkway Ste 102, Irvine, CA 92606
Specializing in Cataract, LASIK, and Corneal Refractive Conditions & Treatment
See a subspecialty eye surgeon for laser vision correction
Lawrence C. Chao, M.D.
There's never been a better time to take a closer look at your refractive vision correction options including LASIK.
Fellowship-Trained LASIK Eye Physician & Surgeon
Schedule a complimentary LASIK consult to meet one-on-one with Dr. Chao, receive a brief eye exam, and tour our on-site LASIK facilities.
Give Focus Campaign - when you make a charitable donation to a non-profit organization of your choice this October, we'll reward your generosity 10 folds with a savings up to $1500 off bilateral LASIK.
About Laser Vision Correction
LASIK stands for Laser Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis.
Photorefractive Keratectomy or PRK may be the recommended refractive procedure as an alternative to LASIK for selected patients.
- LASIK works by creating a thin flap in the upper portion of the cornea. Both microkeratome-based and femtosecond-based LASIK generally have good outcomes with few complications.
- Using a cool excimer laser, the surgeon reshapes the cornea allowing light and images to focus precisely onto the retina to produce clear vision.
- PRK differs from LASIK in that a corneal flap is not made.
- The eye surgeon gently removes the outer layer of cells (the epithelium) then applies a cool excimer laser to reshape the cornea.
- Since it may take a few days for the epithelium to heal, patients may experience minimally more discomfort with PRK than LASIK.
Both LASIK and PRK are extremely safe and effective eye procedures to treat a wide range of common vision problems including nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism.
What to look for when choosing a Lasik eye surgeon
At Chao Vision Institute, we encourage you to compare and contrast your laser vision correction options. Beyond price shopping, assess the surgeon, the facilities, the staff, other patient's experience, etc.
- EXPERTISE - Dr. Chao is one of the few fellowship trained LASIK eye surgeon offering university-level expertise in Orange County.
- COMMITMENT - Chao Vision Institute is one of the few eye care centers that general as well as subspecialty eye care services including on-site laser vision correction facilities.
- INTEGRITY - At Chao Vision Institute, there are no sales counselors, Groupon specials, teasers, upgrades or out-of-pocket add-ons on this website or at any of our facilities.
- RESULTS - Dr. Chao has successfully performed over twenty-thousand cataract, LASIK and corneal refractive procedures. At Chao Vision Institute, we focus not only on achieving excellent results but also on how we achieve them.
What to expect of your LASIK journey at Chao Vision Institute
Laser vision correction is an important event in your vision timeline. We look forward to taking this journey with you.
- LASIK CONSULT - You'll meet one-on-one with Dr. Chao, receive a brief eye exam, learn which refractive vision correction option is right for you. and tour our facilities.
- PREOP - You'll be dilated and get measured on the WaveScan technology on your comprehensive preop exam. Compared to standard methods used for glasses and contact lenses, Wavefront technology identifies and measures imperfections in a patient's eye 25 times more precisely.
- TREATMENT DAY - You'll be treated at our LASIK facilities in Irvine, CA. Dr. Chao is a VISX instructor surgeon offering the STAR S4 excimer laser with VISX Technology WaveScan WaveFront and Iris Registration or IR Advantage.
- POSTOP - You'll be given all the eye drops Dr. Chao prescribe. We even offer Saturday postop LASIK appointment for your convenience.
- SUNGLASSES - After LASIK, you'll receive an offer for 30% off non-prescription sunglasses from our Optical Boutique.
- VISION WELLNESS - After LASIK or PRK, your vision may change with age. We encourage annual eye exams to monitor and detect preventable eye conditions or diseases. We look forward to being on this vision journey with you.
"be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Refractive Eye Surgeon
Care Credit Financing
Chao Vision Institute specializes in cataract, LASIK, and corneal refractive vision conditions and treatments.
See Dr. Lawrence Chao for a consult or second opinion if you are considering eye surgery, including Crystalens ™, Visian ICL™, and LASIK surgery in Irvine, Orange County, or the Los Angeles , Riverside, and San Diego areas.
tel 949-679-2426 | firstname.lastname@example.org